TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
In these Terms and Conditions the following words shall have the meanings hereinafter in this clause respectively assigned to them. “The Company” shall mean the person/persons or body of persons representing the Company in the time being for and on behalf of Stevenage Leisure Ltd.
“The Hirer” shall mean the person/persons or body of persons making application for the use of any Venue or any part thereof its facilities under the direct control of Stevenage Leisure Ltd.
“Facilities/Venues” shall mean Stevenage Leisure Center, The Gordon Craig Theatre, Fairlands Valley Park and any other venue operated by Stevenage Leisure Ltd.
“Period of Hire” shall mean the period during which the Hirer is entitled to use any part of a Venue or any Venue with the confirmed permission of Stevenage Leisure Ltd.
“Date of Hiring” shall confirm the date on which the Hirer is entitled to use any of the Stevenage Leisure Ltd. Venues or any part of their Facilities.
“The Company” shall mean Stevenage Leisure Ltd
“The Council” shall mean Stevenage Borough Council or any other local authority with premises operated by Stevenage Leisure ltd.
2. SCALE OF CHARGES - The charge for use of any Venue or part of that Venue or Facility shall be that of the current price list agreed by the Company.
3. (A) PAYMENT OF ROOM HIRE
Payment for single bookings must be paid by the Hirer in full, prior to the date of hire advised by the Company on confirmation of booking.
Payment for block or regular bookings must be paid for in full, before each date of hire as advised by the Company on confirmation of booking immediately upon receipt of invoice issued by the Company.
A 20% deposit is required immediately upon receipt of Hire of Facilities Form to secure the booking. Terms for payment will be confirmed at the time of booking and can vary or alter at the discretion of the Company. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks prior to event date, 50% deposit is required at time of booking, balance payment as advised by the company.
(B) PAYMENT OF CATERING
Fifty percent of final invoice must be paid 90 days prior to the date of hire by the Hirer. Final numbers must be confirmed 14 days prior to the event date, with payment in full required 7 days prior to date of hire. Any late amendments less than 7 days prior to event may incur an administration charge, and will be payable on the day of hire.
All cheques, money orders and postal orders must be made payable to “Sheffield International Venues Ltd” and crossed.
Method of payment can be made by post to Sheffield International Venues Limited, Don Valley Stadium, Worksop Road, Sheffield S9 3TL, or alternatively by post/person directly to the Venue hired marked for the attention of the Events/Sales Department.
4. (A) REFUSAL AND CANCELLATION OF ROOM HIRE - The Company and the Council reserve the right:-
a) to refuse any application as it may deem fit without any reason therefore and
b) to cancel any booking on giving 7 days notice in writing to the Hirer. Upon any such cancellation, the Company will refund to the Hirer any monies paid in respect of the booking so cancelled but the Company or the Council will not be responsible for any expenditure whatsoever in relation to the booking which the Hirer may have incurred or be liable to pay. In the event of cancellation or variation of any hiring by the Hirer more than four weeks before the date of the hiring the Company will use its best endeavours to effect a hiring with another Hirer. If however, the Company is unable to effect another hiring and also if such cancellation or variation takes place less than four weeks notice before the date of hiring. the Hirer will be responsible for 50% of the Hire Fee and if less than two weeks before the date of the hiring, the Hirer will be held responsible for the full Hire Fee.
(B) REFUSAL AND CANCELLATION OF CATERING
The Company and the Council reserve the right:-
(a) to refuse any application as it may deem fit without any reason
(b) Any cancellation made less than 90 days prior to the date of hire will result in no deposit being refunded. Any cancellation made within 28 days of the date of hire will require full payment for catering booked.
5. TRANSFER OF HIRING - The Hirer shall not transfer the benefit or burden of the contract or any part thereof.
The Company or the Council shall specify the maximum number of persons who will be permitted to use any facility within the Venues or any part thereof for any purpose and the Company or the Council reserve to all persons authorised by the Company and the Council at all times a right of entry to every part of the Facility or Venue and a right to refuse admission to or remove from the Facility or Venue any person without stating a reason thereof.
7. EQUIPMENT AND PREMISES
1. Any equipment used during the period of hire shall be returned to the place it was found at the end of the period of hire
2. Any part of any Facility or Venue used during the period of hire shall be left in a tidy and orderly condition at the end of the period of hire
3. The Hirer is held responsible for the effective supervision of the arrangements and activities in any part of the Facilities or Venue during the period of hire and for the prevention of disorderly behaviour, and the Hirer shall comply with any reasonable request of any authorised person from the Company or Council to make such a request.
4. Any audio-visual equipment brought onto any Facility or Venue must comply with any enactment in relation to this electrical equipment.
1. No function or event shall be advertised or announced until the Form of Application has been accepted by the Company and a letter of acceptance forwarded to the hirer.
2. No person shall fix or exhibit any advertisement in or upon any part of the Facilities/Venues without the previous written consent of the Company and for this purpose the Hirer shall submit to any authorised person from the Company for approval one copy of the notice or advertisement to be used in connection with the function or event for which any part of the Facilities is to be used.
9. INDEMNITY - The Hirer shall:-
1. Repay to the Company on demand the cost of reinstating or replacing any part of the Facilities or any property in or upon the Facility or Venue which shall be damaged, destroyed, stolen or removed during the period of hire; and
2 indemnify the Company against all claims, demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death or injury howsoever or by whosoever caused of or to any person (other than authorised persons of the Company or the Council while carrying out his duties) which shall occur while such person is in or upon any part of the Facilities/Venues or in respect of any loss or damage suffered or sustained by an person in consequence of such death or injury provided always that the foregoing provision of this condition shall not apply to the damage, death or injury occasioned by or in consequence of fire, ventilating, lighting, electrical or water equipment or apparatus of the Venue unless such fire, explosion or bursting or overflowing is due directly or indirectly to the act or a person other than authorized person or agent of the Company or the Council in due course of his duties as such.
10 LOST PROPERTY
The Company or Council, their officers, agents or personnel shall not in any circumstances be responsible to the Hirer or any other person for damage to or the loss, theft or removal of any property brought or left by any person including the Hirer in or upon any part of the Facilities/Venues (including cloak room or dressing room) and the Hirer shall indemnify the Company, the Council, their officers, agents or personnel from and against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings in respect of any such damage, loss, theft or removal or any loss sustained by any person in consequence of such damage, theft or removal.
Motor Vehicles shall not be parked and bicycles shall not be left in any ways of the Facilities/Venues, and the Company, Council, their officers, agents and personnel shall not in any circumstances be responsible to the Hirer of any other person or damage to the loss, theft or removal of any motor vehicle or bicycle (including the Hirer) and the Hirer shall indemnify the Company, Council, their officers, agents or personnel from and against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings in respect of any such damage, loss, theft or removal or any loss sustained by any person in consequence of such damage, theft or removal.
If the Company in its discretion deem fit, the Hirer shall, before the date of hiring, insure at this own expense in the joint names of himself, the Company and the Council against any loss or injury or damage howsoever caused in a sum prescribed by the Company and shall maintain such insurance during the period of hire and shall produce on demand to the Company evidence of such insurance cover.
No sweepstake, raffle or other form of lottery shall be promoted, conducted or held without the previous written consent of the Company and any such lottery shall comply with the enactment relating to Betting, Gaming and Lotteries.
14. BREACH OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If the Hirer shall fail to observe or perform in any respect the Terms and Conditions herein, before stated the Company and the Council may without notice determine the Hirers rights under the Contract. Such determination shall not release the Hirer from any of his obligations under the Contract or affect any right or remedy which the Company and/or the Council may have under the Contract or otherwise.
15. CLEAN VENUE POLICY - A clean venue policy is in operation within the Venues, therefore please liaise directly with the Venue to discuss any special request.